Don "Orfeo" Rechtman
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS SUPPORT; INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES; TECHNICAL WRITING AND DOCUMENTATION
A highly diversified, motivated, and energetic individual with over 24 years’ PC experience and 12 years’ technical writing and documentation experience. Works diligently to meet obligations, works productively with a variety of people, and is proficient at organizing and prioritizing workloads and responsibilities. Seeks and utilizes effective and efficient ways to accomplish tasks, and possesses the stamina to master detailed and routine tasks. Produces measurable results within a short time period.
- Provides personalized consulting service to assist home and small business users in hardware and software support and training.
- Teaches computer literacy, music and drama to sixth to twelfth grade students.
- As Senior Technical Writer, manages the documentation department of the Boulder division of an international security management software corporation.
- Documents telecommunication and other software for both end users and technical staff. Beta tests telecommunication software and manages test lab.
- Produces professionally typeset musical scores for music publisher.
- Provides professional beta testing and debugging services for Corel Corporation, including CorelDraw and Ventura 8.
- Assesses and implements hardware and software needs, and provides training for the applications.
- Develops script routines for flow-charting programs, builds documentation tables and develops a tracking system from data extracted from computerized codes. Collaborates with documentation teams to revise manuals standards and implement upgrades for desktop publishing software on new platforms. Assists with PC hardware operations.
- Establishes screen capture routines, style templates, indexing routines for documentation, and flow mapping diagrams. Manages project databases and project tracking, sets up on-line help applications using SDK, assists in designing API-compliant program screens, application testing and technical support.
- Develops Windows macros to import Cobol and C code into FrameMaker documents, and macros to interpret C code to create flow charts in CorelDraw.
- Documents international EDI application utilizing X25 technology.
IBM PCs, MacIntosh; Win95, 98, Me, NT, 2000 & associated suites; XP & associated suites; Corel suites; Aldus suites; FrameMaker; MS-DOS; misc. hardware and software diagnostic tools.
- Mastered computer technology and technical writing.
- Selected for the Georgia Council of the Arts’ Artists in Education Program.
- Composed, directed, and performed over 100 modern and classical musical arrangements.
Performance Art Instructor
February 2004–April 2004
November 2003–February 2004
August 2000-March 2001
April 2000-July 2000
Printrak International Inc. (now Motorola)
August 1998-Feb. 2000
Kinetra (aka Integrated Medical Systems, Inc.)
Voice of the Rockies, Inc.
Terra-Tek Computers, Inc.
International Language Engineering, Inc.
Group Benefits Shoppers, Inc.
Scientific Games, Inc.
Genuine Parts Company
ABB Power T&D Company Inc.
Lincoln National Corporation
Iron Art, Inc.
Sun Insurance Services, Inc.
PEABODY CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC (Music Composition)